Dates of Implementation: 01 December 2013 – 31 March 2014
Number of Days: 2 per week (possibilities to work from home)
Note: This is an unpaid internship vacancy.
Terms of Reference:
Under the direct supervision of the CCMC Programme Development and Training Coordinator, the Media Training Platform Developer will be responsible for pre-developing the m-Com online training platform and incorporating feedback from the pilot testing into a final product.
- Collect and collate open-source training material under the following broad topics (indicative – to be finalised and not limited to the following):
- Media Literacy
- Working with the Media
- Media Crisis Management
- Social Media Use and Strategies
- How to… Facebook/Twitter/Google+
- Effective blogging
- Technical Skills and ICT Tools
- Video Production, Editing and Digital Storytelling
- Online Platform Development
- CommunicationsTrainer’s Module
- Information Dissemination: Newsletter Creation and Writing an Effective Press Release
- Strategic Communication and Networking
- Attend and participate in all internal m-Com coordination meetings;
- Attend the next m-Com Partners’ meeting in Greece (10-11 March 2014) – travel, accommodation and living expenses funded – and for feedback on the pilot testing of the training platform
Applicants will require excellent working knowledge of Greek or Turkish and English. They should have a strong interest and academic background in the fields of journalism, media and communications, and a propensity for working with, and transferring skills, to others. Through this position, the successful applicant will have the opportunity to increase his/her working experience, knowledge and skills whilst working in a dynamic, professional, multicultural environment, and learn about how community media can support the vision and work of civil society in Cyprus and across Europe.
How to Apply
Please send a Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 26 November 2013 (17:00 GMT+2)